Fellowship and Social Activities
Hillcrest United Church has a very active choir that leads us in music each Sunday under the direction of our musical director, Mark Peterson. He pushes us to sing our very best and we are thankful to have his talent!
The choir practices every Thursday evening at 7 p.m. and is always looking to increase our musical voices if you wish to join.
Hillcrest Bridge Club
This club is open to anyone who is interested in bridge – either experienced or would like to learn. We start up each year in the fall & play until early May. Each couple plays with one other couple on a date of their choosing. All games must be completed before the end of April. Each couple pays $5:00 each game which goes towards the year end prizes & dinner. In early May, we have a season ending dinner & awards at a local restaurant. In addition, the entire group get together for an annual holiday party early January.
The club is a great way to get to know others in the church as well as learn a game you can play throughout your life.
For more information, contact the church or email@example.com
Baseball Team (Church Interfaith League)
The baseball team plays May to September against other churches in an interfaith church league. We were champs in 2012 and 2013, something we have never managed before.
We have been fielding a team for over 25 years and everyone has a really fun time. They play at the Milton Sports Field one or two nights a week. Family and friends are welcome to play, whether they attend Hillcrest or not.
Please contact Lorne Wilson at 905-864-6678 if you need more information.
Additional Special Events/Activities
- Monthly coffee time after the service.
- Weekly Coffee and Conversation mornings. Join a small confidential and friendly group where you can talk about most anything in a safe place. (Sept-June)
- Monthly Prayer Shawl Knitting Group. The third Thursday every month (Sept-June) Join a group who knits prayer shawls for those who need comfort in a difficult time while sharing in conversation and discussion.
- Eat & Meets - Light dinner followed by a short program, Generally monthly from 6 - 8 pm,. Past dinners have included Canada 150, Chinese New Year, Year-end BBQ, Hillcrest Talent Night, Special guest speakers, Christmas Carol sing, Seder Meal Supper, Travel features, to name a few
- Bible Study - as scheduled
- T'ai Chi - (Thursday evenings)
- Women's Fellowship Group (Annual Dinner in January)
- Anniversary Sunday (last Sunday in April)